The Southpaw Prospective

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Human sexuality

I don't understand why people are made to feel bad about having sex. Why? It is a natural thing. Everybody does it. Even your parents. Almost everyone I know & have talked to about this, cannot image or think about their parents having sex. I think it's great to hear that my parents still have sex (they have been married 42 years). Is there a maturity that allows you to feel comfortable that everyone has sex & that it is natural? I have been thinking alot about this. I want to know why some people have a higher sex drive than others...is it psychological? I work with a woman who was made to have sex with her husband every single day(whether she was sick or had a migraine or her period) for their entire 18 years of marriage. She is now divorced. She does not enjoy sex at all. But she would like to want to have sex with her boyfriend. She is still having issues with it because of the abuse.
Almost all the women I work with seem to have very low sex drives. Why do women have low sex drives? I don't understand because I have a very high sex drive.
Is there something wrong with me? Am I not normal?
I will admit, I am NOT normal. I am a very weird woman. I have never been normal. I don't believe there is a "normal" person. We are all unique. But I can't help but compare myself to these other women. Why can't I find another woman who has a high sex drive like me?
Maybe it is because I was a late bloomer? I was 33 the first time I had sex.
Does anyone know if there has been a study done correlating the age they first had sex with their sex drive?
Sometimes I think I have a higher sex drive than my husband. The stereotype of men is that they have really high sex drives. But this is not true of all men, or at least not all the time. I have to be careful not to take it personally when he doesn't want to have sex, sometimes I feel very rejected.

3 Comments:

  • I don't think there is a problem with sex or sexuality, the problem seems to come from religion and the mistaken belief that sex is bad because Jesus said so. Neither God nor Jesus said sex was bad, sex is pleasurable its not bad. Its not evil. Man and society said sex was bad, God didn't. Most of the rules and attitudes toward sex, sexuality, and sensuality are tradition. Traditions based on the ideas of sexually repressed or 'devient' men.

    That being said, a person's experience can change their attitude toward something. Being raped by your husband, whom your suppose to be able to trust, for 18 years is enough to cause all sorts of problems related to sex and sexuality and sensuality. Counseling can help to some degree there.

    I think the low the sex drive comes from the way women are raised. Girls are raised to put others first, always. They are raised in the attittude that if you have sex, you're a slut or whore but if you're a boy and you have sex you're a stud.

    Be strong. Enjoy sex! It's suppose to be pleasurable to BOTH parties, not just one. Which means taking into account the differences in between men and women.

    My not so humble opinion

    By Blogger Onilyn, at February 15, 2007 at 12:19:00 AM EST  

  • Hormonally men's sex drive peaks in the early 20's. Women peak in their late 30's, early 40's. So to have matching sex drives, women at their peak need to find college age men.

    Biologically men have a need to "spread the seed" and feel comfortable with multiple partners women on the other hand have a biological need to have a feeling of security and longevity so "free sex" often "feels" wrong to them. Think of it in terms of Darwinian logic. The female in the herd who has a supporting male will have a better chance of her children surviving to breed themselves. The unsupported female may lose the offspring to starvation or neglect (while she is off hunting).
    Therefore, the female who relied on the male succeeded and passed on her genetic code.

    Basically during the last 50 years, humans are doing their best to break several thousand years of evolution.

    By Blogger Shondratasha, at March 13, 2007 at 1:14:00 PM EDT  

  • Hormonally men's sex drive peaks in the early 20's. Women peak in their late 30's, early 40's. So to have matching sex drives, women at their peak need to find college age men.

    Biologically men have a need to "spread the seed" and feel comfortable with multiple partners women on the other hand have a biological need to have a feeling of security and longevity so "free sex" often "feels" wrong to them. Think of it in terms of Darwinian logic. The female in the herd who has a supporting male will have a better chance of her children surviving to breed themselves. The unsupported female may lose the offspring to starvation or neglect (while she is off hunting).
    Therefore, the female who relied on the male succeeded and passed on her genetic code.

    Basically during the last 50 years, humans are doing their best to break several thousand years of evolution.

    By Blogger Shondratasha, at March 13, 2007 at 1:14:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home