The Southpaw Prospective

Friday, April 17, 2009

It is not fair what some children have to live thru

We just found out about my step daughter, she was manipulated by someone we trusted and forced to have sex with, someone who said he would look out for her because she is his little sister. Now my step daughter is even more messed up emotionally. She has been raped at least 5 times by 5 different guys, most were strangers. This big brother knew about the rapes & still manipulated her into letting him have his way with her. We trusted him and treated him as a son, he was a step son from my husband's second marriage, but I treated him like family & accepted him too.
Now Tim & I feel like someone has stabbed us in the back!
I feel that Jami has seen all the worst qualities in people and had all these terrible experiences and will never know what "normal childhood" is.
I know there are other girls out there that have been raped, I know there are girls who grew up sexually molested by a family member. But usually there is only ONE abuse.
She has been violated and doesn't know what to expect next. She just doesn't try to think about it, she pushes the memories away. She has been in counseling, but needs more. I am calling to get her an appointment today. Tim & I just don't know how to help her deal with what she has been through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home